A Unique Living Environment
Shawinigan is a hub where countless possibilities of economic success and peaceful living meet and a place where you can find all the services and activities conducive to family development.
Home ownership made easy
The average price of homes sold in Shawinigan in 2014 was around $128,000 which is approximately $12,000 less than the Trois-Rivières average for the same year. Among the 200 largest Canadian cities, Shawinigan does rather well when you calculate the time it takes citizens to become homeowners, an average of nearly two years. It must be said that the municipality is one of the cities where the average property price is the lowest (according to Moneysense.ca 2014). Several greatly facilitate home ownership.
A cultural and sporting life rich in emotions
Shawinigan is a prime location for all sports or culture enthusiasts. Waterways, bike paths, sporting competitions, cultural events, festivals and family activities taking place everywhere in town are attractions to take advantage of along with other major attractions listed below:
- Centre des arts
- Maison de la culture Francis-Brisson
- Cité de l'énergie/Espace Shawinigan
- Complexe sportif de Shawinigan
- Centre Gervais Auto/Cataractes de Shawinigan (only concession that has remained in continuous operation since the start of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League)
- la Mauricie National Park (Parks Canada)